National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
Sounds Right Speech Pathology is NDIS registered for children with NDIS plans. We provide service agreement plans, support with funding applications and 1:1 Speech Pathology.
- Your child may be eligible for NDIS support if they have a diagnosed disability
- Your child has ongoing difficulties
- Your child has difficulties across multiple areas of development
- Live in an area where the NDIS is available
- Are an Australian citizen or have Permanent Residency
- For further information please refer to the NDIS website
Medicare Benefit Schemes (MBS)
Chronic Disease Management Item – for people with chronic conditions and complex care needs (Previously known as the Enhanced Primary Care EPC Program)
- Your child may be eligible for this MBS if they are considered by their GP to have a chronic medical condition. A chronic medical condition is one that has been (or is likely to be) present for six months or longer. Individuals with a special needs diagnosis (e.g. autism, cerebral palsy) are automatically eligible for this service.
- This MBS allows 5 sessions of Allied Health therapy, including Speech Pathology, per calendar year to be refunded at $52.95, per session, from the total cost of each session.
- To find out if your child is eligible for funding under this Medicare Benefit Schedule, discuss with your GP.
- The following describes the referral pathway for this Medicare Benefit Scheme:
- GP visit to determine eligibility
- GP prepares a referral to an allied health specialist (e.g. Speech Pathologist)
- GP prepares an EPC Program
- Five Allied health sessions are partially rebated each calendar year
Helping Children with Autism Package
Children with suspected autism or autism are eligible for funding under this Medicare Benefit Scheme.
- Clients must be under 13 years of age at time of diagnosis and under 15 years of age when receiving treatment
- The paediatrician can allocate up to 20 sessions for treatment from allied health disciplines, including speech pathology.
- The treatment can be provided under this scheme until the child is 15 years of age. The rebate for this Medicare Benefit Schedule is $72.95 from the total cost of each therapy session.
- A Paediatrician or Psychiatrist determines the child's eligibility for the program.
- The client will need a referral from their GP to see the Paediatrician or Psychiatrist.
Department of Social Services - Helping children with Autism Package (HCWA) and Better Start Program
This Medicare package allows children with eligible disabilities to receive funding
- Please contact Amaze (Autism Victoria) for HCWA eligibility details
- Please see the Department of Social Services website for Better Start eligibility details
- Amaze (Autism Victoria) HCWA plain language brochure
HICAPS (Private Health Funds)
Sounds Right Speech Pathology is a registered Medicare Provider, and rebates may be claimed for Speech Pathology Services, if you have private health care with extras. The rebate will vary depending on your allocated private health provider, and the level of extras you have selected.
- For more information regarding your Private Health refund please contact your health fund provider.